How do I know my information is safe on Fishing Window website?We collect information from our visitors for the sole purpose of improving The Fishing Window and providing more and better services to our visitors. Personally Identifiable Information includes your name, address, telephone number, email address or any other information that can be connected with you personally. The only times we will divulge a visitor’s Personally Identifiable Information to a third party are outlined in this policy. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information:
- If we believe in good faith that the law requires such disclosure or we are compelled to do so by a court of competent authority.
- In the event The Fishing Window contracts with an outside research firm, we may provide them with your contact information. The research firm will only be authorized to use the information to contact you to request your participation in surveys, focus groups or other research activities that will help us improve Fishing Window products and services. Your participation in any such research project is strictly voluntary. The research firm will be bound by its contract with Fishing Window to use your information strictly for Fishing Window research purposes, to keep your information confidential, and to adequately secure or delete your information when the research is complete.
What information does The Fishing Window collect?When you register on Fishing Window website, we collect the following information from you:
- E-mail address
General statistical informationWe monitor Fishing Window website to gather statistical information, including the number of visits to the site, the pages visited, which domains visitors come from and the browsers used to visit the site. This data is accumulated at the aggregate level and does not include Personally Identifiable Information. We may use third parties to gather, collect and report on this non-personally identifiable information. This statistical information enables us to evaluate the effectiveness of the services we provide, to monitor site performance and to make it easier for visitors to use the site.
How does The Fishing Window use the information it gathers?Information collected on Fishing Window website, including traffic patterns and user behavior, is used primarily for the following purposes:
- Internal research. The Fishing Window is continuously assessing how visitors use the site. This data assists us in making decisions about how to improve the site and to better serve our users. Research data are aggregated and do not include data about specific individuals. We may share aggregated research (but not Personally Identifiable Information) with our advertisers or business partners. As previously mentioned, The Fishing Window may use your information to contact you to ask for your participation in a focus group, survey, or some other type of research effort.
- To customize your experience on Fishing Window website. As The Fishing Window improves its service, it may offer users more opportunities to customize content and other aspects of the site. Information provided by you may be used to assist in the customization process, if you elect to participate in these features. Page views are not guaranteed to any individual. An IP address is used as a base for metering.
- To tailor advertising efforts. Advertisers prefer to target their communication toward audiences who are most likely to be interested in their products. The information gathered on Fishing Window website helps us advise advertisers in general terms about certain aspects of site visitors (e.g. how visitors use the site, general demographic attributes of visitors, usage patterns on various parts of our site, etc.). This information helps both advertisers and The Fishing Window make better decisions about where to place advertising. Visitors who choose to conduct financial transactions with advertisers on Fishing Window website may also provide specific data to those advertisers during the process of their transactions. Additionally, any information provided during the purchase of Fishingwindow.com or The Fishing Window products or services will result in the collection of certain information required to complete the transaction.
- To use third party service providers. We provide some services and products through third parties. These third party service providers may perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing promotional emails. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such service providers as necessary to allow those service providers to fulfill orders, send mail or email, administer contests or sweepstakes, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, or provide customer service. We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships (“Affiliates”) and may share your information with service providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you order a service, the third party payment processor we use releases your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the service. The use of your personally identifiable information by these third parties is governed by the privacy policies of these third parties and is not subject to our control.
- E-mail addresses. If you supply The Fishing Window with your e-mail address, either by registering on the website, by communicating with us via e-mail, or signing up for promotional offers or emails, we may, from time to time, send you information that we believe would be of interest to you via e-mail. This information may be from The Fishing Window, or sent by us on behalf of one of our quality advertisers. Note: If we send you e-mail on behalf of another company, your personally identifiable information is not disclosed to that company unless you purchase a product or service from that company in which case it may need your information to fulfill your purchase. Rather, the company provides us with the information it wants to send, and we prepare and send the e-mail directly to you. We may use a third party service provider to manage or send emails on our behalf, but that third party is only authorized to use your information as necessary to send our email to you and it is not authorized to sell or transfer your information. If The Fishing Window sends you an e-mail, the e-mail will allow you to opt of any further e-mails from The Fishing Window.
- Postal addresses. If you supply The Fishing Window with your postal address, we may send you periodic mailings with information on new products, coming events, surveys or other research materials, or other information we think might be of interest to you.
- Telephone numbers. If you provide your telephone number or cell phone number, The Fishing Window may call or text you regarding orders you have placed, to tell you about new products, services, or coming events, or to offer other information that may interest you. Additionally, The Fishing Window, or one of its agents may call you for research purposes.
- Sale transaction information. From time to time, we provide offers from our advertisers who, as part of their offer, request information on customers who purchased their offer in order to allow the advertiser to fulfill the purchase. In those cases, we share some of your Personally Identifiable Information with that advertiser. Sharing this Information may allow that advertiser to market directly to you should it choose to do so. However, we will only share Personally Identifiable Information with an advertiser if you provide us that information and enter into a transaction with that advertiser on or through our web sites. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of such advertiser.
- Business transfer. We may also share your information in the event that our business is sold or transferred. If this occurs, the successor company would acquire the information we maintain, including personally identifiable information.